Valasske Mezirici is a town in the Czech Republic in the district of Vsetin in the Zlín region. Originally there were two towns: Krasno nad Bečvou on the right bank and Meziříčí on the left bank of Rožnovská Bečva. The first mention of Mezirici dates back to 1297, as the town is known since 1377. Originally the name of the town was only Mezirici, the peculiarity of the Wallachian town was given in the 18th century, a rare one appeared in 1718, until then it was called Meziříčí nad Bečvou or Meziříčí under Rožnov. In the second half of the 16th century stone walls were built around the city. During the Thirty Years War, the city was destroyed several times by both troops, so that some houses in the suburbs, but also inside the walls, were never renewed. The walls were removed in the middle of the 19th century. Since 1850, the town has been the seat of district hatmanhood. Beautiful was promoted to town in 1491. The cities were merged in 1924, when the population of 8000 became the largest city in Wallachia. The historical core of Valašské Meziříčie itself was declared a town monument zone. After 1945, Valašské Meziříčí became one of the centers of chemical and glass industry. In the European context, it is an important manufactory for the production of tapestries.